Tuesday, July 12, 2016

That First Cup

It’s the weekend. I don’t have to get up at 6 am. 

In general, that means I sleep until 6:30 or 7. I’m so decadent on the weekends.

It’s also summer and morning temperatures in Buffalo aren’t hovering at the freezing mark (no, really!). 

Plus, we have a pond. It’s some of the best money we ever spent. 

Continuing my decadent weekend activities, I brew a cup of tea. I’m still into Yorkshire Gold via Amazon, even though my grocery store has deigned to stock PG Tips again. I have a lot of Yorkshire Gold to get through before I go back to the wonderful PG Tips.

So, summer weekend morning checklist:

  1. Tea
  2. Get outside
  3. Sit by the koi pond

Somehow tea is the perfect complement to early mornings by the pond. I love strong coffee, but days start better with a clean, strong cup of tea.

Let me share my relaxing morning with you. If you look closely, you’ll see three of our four frogs off to the left: One in the water, one on a rock, and one sitting in the drit by the sedum. The koi were being coy at this hour (see what I did there?).

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment