Monday, July 25, 2016

Rooibos with Lavender = Red Lavender

I've been enjoying another Rooibos tea from Zhena's: Fire Light Chai, which I reviewed on May 16.  This rooibos blend is much simpler; there are no spices as found in the Fire Light Chai, simply French Lavender blossoms.  The label describes it as a Blossoming Garden tea: "Native to France and the Western Mediterranean, Lavender is well-known for its soothing effect and for its use to calm an unsettled stomach.  We've blended antioxidant rich South African Rooibos with organic garden grown lavender blossoms."

As someone who loves lavender, I could not smell it while brewing and did not discern the flowery flavor I expected.  I added a teaspoon of blue agave as sweetener and enjoyed it hot.  However, it was a disappointment.  I have discovered since tasting teas for this blog, that I generally prefer spices to flowers but thought my love of lavender would win out.  It does have a lovely sienna color, and I intend to make it iced and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment